Thread: 2023 BOSS Noms
View Single Post
Old 07-19-23, 12:16 PM   #67
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Catfish has made a Best of SUBSIM nomination.
Nomination Category:
Quote:
Post of the Year
Nomination basis: Think this post is an outstanding example how we identify as brothers in spirit, rather than nationalities ;)
Forum: General Topics

Nominated Member: GoldenRivet
Nominated Post: Link
Quote:
You know... i used to post a lot more often here than i do these days, but its not for lack of visiting, because i do visit, but more so because my online life and my real life have shifted my energies in other directions BUT

i'll tell you this - what i always loved about SUBSIM (and still do) is that while our members come from Australia, Finland, Germany, New Zealand, Norway, the United States and many other places around the globe... I always got the feeling in interacting with all of my SUBSIM brethren - that while we are here on this forum, to some degree, we were less identified by our individual nationalities and more identified by our place in this world as Subsimmers!

When discussing one thing or another here with a member from Norway for example, i never thought of myself as an American and i never thought of them as Norwegian - i thought of us as subsimmers.

When i came here today, to visit the forums and lurk, I saw this thread title thinking there would be some neat thing that applies to the referenced member, or perhaps some sort of birthday or congratulatory message... instead, what i found was this drivel. Motivated by what i cant say.

Its posts like this that contribute nothing remotely constructive to the forum and certainly do not promote any degree of comradery in the group.

I'll have to agree with Neal... tasteless is what it is.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote