View Single Post
Old 06-13-07, 12:37 AM   #24
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by danurve
Kpt. Lehmann, You are certainly entitled to your opinion as am I. But thank you for taking time to further explain your thoughts. Although I thought in a way I was defending what modders put into said files after reading your post it occurs to me I need not bother. I don't mod much at all, just some jazz to my liking and so perhaps it's not my place to comment about the modders feelings. It seems strange though if indeed it was resolved why some of the senior members here had such reactions to the thread. That kind of water is just as muddy. Perhaps it matters not as I belive we can agree it is the players game.
Danurve, the thing is that the decision implemented in GWX compliments the grey contacts and the necessity to identify a target before destroying it.

Additionally, changing that method in GWX would break that system... and the need to identify targets. A decision was made and the project moved forward and beyond it. It will remain the same.

Nothing muddy about that. You can't please all the people all the time.

Players that wish to change it in their files can do so by changing the following element in the Basic.Cfg: (file segment is from stock SH3... but it matters not)

[RENOWN]
RenownReachGridObjCompleted=500
RenownPatrolGridObjCompleted=200
CompletedPatrol=100
NEUTRAL=-1 <----Change this value to "0"
ALLIED=1
AXIS=-10
WrongShipSunk=-5000
FirstRankRenown=1000
SecondRankRenown=3500
EndCampaign=-5000

Changing the above value will remove the penalty for sinking neutrals.

Also, if I recall correctly, neutral tonnage is still added to your total. (feels like cheating to me... to purposefully sink neutrals)

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote