Old 04-08-22, 04:29 PM   #783
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wreckless View Post
Just got sunk and CTD.

Except for 1 time, I CTD when I get sunk.

Anyone else?

How many times you been sunk? lol joking

Well, it has happened to me in testing. One of the side effects of changing the damage model, sometimes, depending on various factors, will CTD when sub is sunk or as what happened me last time. Thinking due to changes sim gets confused. Something I can live with if sunk anyway, to have a better damage model.

Last time I was sunk was in November 1944 in USS Barb, I took bombs to stern from aircraft while I was ascending to periscope depth, I must have been at 100 feet or so, plane using its MAD detected me, perfect drop, right on the torpedo loading hatch and second exploded right beside my staern, probably 6 feet away, which is rare for them to be that accurate.

Basically blew my stern off...was missing a bit of it visually many killed and wounded after torpedo and engine room. Hull damage went to 60 percent or so (what it registered as, likely more) About 20 seconds after the hits, my sub just disappeared, but I was inside or could go outside, but could not see sub, only some surface bubbles , orders were not obeyed etc. Basically, I was sunk, considered dead, , thus why boat was gone but game failed to register it and end patrol, so I had to exit myself.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote