View Single Post
Old 04-06-19, 08:40 PM   #41
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
I have been reading your forums for awhile, even before I bought SH5. I know its far from perfect but it is much much better than the only other sub game I played, Silent Service for the old Nintendo.

I came across Subsim by accident, something spelled wrong in a search? maybe.

75. sunny, it is going to pour down rain tomorrow, Saturday the 6th.

You guys seem like great fellows and I've read a bunch here.
Very nice intro message, thanks Bailing and welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiKamori View Post
Greetings, I have been playing Wolfpack and googled searched for Angle Off Bow and how to determine that, as I think I was over complicating things with it. Stumbled across this site as a result and a few tools. Never played any other sub game but enjoying Wolfpack because of how detailed it is. No micromanaging, no point ploting, take what ever position and you manage yourself and what you are good at, Work with a crew, not a computer, it is great. I just hate hunting down for hours a convoy to either have the host disconnect and or some error, like leaving the hatch open, or surfacing right infront under a destroyer just to be blown out of the water because the navigator mis-calculated our course. Only recommend for those with patience and lots of time.

Yes, Wolfpack is not GTA V. I find that the deliberate pace of getting into position builds a LOT of tension, though. You may only get one shot at a convoy and you want it to be successful. So, yeah, tense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign_Andy View Post
Hello.

I had been reminiscing about about that fine old DOS game, 'Wolfpack' and wondered what had become of it.

Surfing around I found Silent Hunter 3 and have been playing it for a little while. I like it a lot. Feels bit Wolfpack too.

So now I am looking to expand my experience. I want my sub sim to have atmosphere. I did look at SH 5 but I find all the B-movie cut scenes and dialogues pretty unbearable and unnecessary.

Hope to explore the mods sometime although I'm not very geeky.

Cheers me hearty's.
Welcome to Subsim, Andy, glad to hear from you, sir.