View Single Post
Old 04-20-22, 10:52 AM   #8
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Indeed. By the time of the invasion the strategic offensive strangulation-blockade of Britain was relegated to an expendible tactical defensive rôle of the Atlantic seawall, incl. kamikaze ramming tactics. The whole U-boat goal was to duplicate Britain's successful blockade of WWI using outdated WWI submarine technology with mediocre "wizard war" technology upgrades. Fuhrer Adoph lived up to his own billing: "at sea I am a coward". The Deutchmarks expended on strategic offset warfare against superior British, US, & Canadian navies was a wa$te: reduced to tactical stop-gap tactics. Only 3-5 % of Allied cargo shipping was ever sunk; hardly meeting the strategic strangulation goals of an Atlantic blockade. The focus was always on the Eastern front, subhuman servitude, and Labensraum. The waste of funds better spent on workhorse Panzer-IV tanks(and Pervitin!) to stem the Red army was wasted on XXI submarines and faulty Jomo-engined jet Me 262's: too little, too late...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote