Thread: 2023 BOSS Noms
View Single Post
Old 05-10-23, 10:17 AM   #8
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Aktungbby has made a Best of SUBSIM nomination.
Nomination Category:
Quote:
Post of the Year
Nomination basis: Best "welcome aboard" post: reflecting unceasing enthusiasm for the forum. Beats my mundane 'welcome aboard' with :salute: all to pieces!
Forum: Silent Hunter III

Nominated Member: iambecomelife
Nominated Post: Link
Quote:
It'll never be abandoned as long as I draw breath! And if I may disagree a little bit with Onkel Neil - I and several die hards still have a lot to say! Although it is definitely quiet compared to 2007, I am not alarmed; I would say it is just part of the natural switch from mass-market, big developer/Ubisoft supported projects (like the Silent Hunter series itself) to boutique projects kept alive by amateur enthusiasts, working for a smaller fanbase. These projects include entirely new simulators like Wolfpack and mods like GWX Knights Cross & Wolves of the Kaiser, that intend to really push the modding envelope. There are some absolutely huge breakthroughs in the pipeline; it's just that several development teams (including my own WWI modding team) are spending much more time on modding than advertising/posting. Silent Hunter 5's moddability was a bit of a disappointment, but its predecessors have actually aged quite well - thanks to the magic of Silent 3ditor and other modding tools... With a little luck, SH3 and SH4 will be unrecognizable in 2-3 more years. And the forums at subsim will be here to document the revolution. So stay tuned! And welcome. :up:
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote