Thread: 2023 BOSS Noms
View Single Post
Old 03-11-23, 08:54 AM   #3
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Onkel Neal has made a Best of SUBSIM nomination.
Nomination Category:
Quote:
Post of the Year
Nomination basis: Very cool post with some neat utility, nice!
Forum: General Topics

Nominated Member: rentacow
Nominated Post: Link
Quote:
Subsim Quote of the Day Generator: https://pastebin.com/LLebwhn8

On execution, it calls the openAI chatbot API to make up a few "words of wisdom" then stores the quote, with metadata to a json.
For example: A website backend could run the script once per day, then post the new quote as a "Quote of the Day" or something.

You'll get a unique quote every day! :yeah:

Some Examples:

• "The sea is a good master and it teaches the duty of obedience."
  • "Success comes from taking calculated risks, but never forgetting to stay vigilant and prepared for the unknown."
  • "It is better to be a captain while on the surface, than a passenger while beneath it."
  • "Leadership is not a rank, but rather a responsibility to those who depend on you."
  • "A good captain is one who learns from the past, lives in the present and plans for the future."

And bonus points if you pass the daily quote to DALL-E's API to generate a unique art asset to go with it:

I've had like a billion of these kinds of ideas since I started experimenting with the API and it's sent my ADHD through the roof :haha:

Of course you can customize the prompt to get any kind of quote, funny quote, poem, song lyrics or anything you want.

EDIT: Gave the script some basic error handling and error logging functionality. Like I was saying, ADHD... Also the project is on GitHub
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote