Thread: 2023 BOSS Noms
View Single Post
Old 02-27-23, 09:45 AM   #5
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Onkel Neal has made a Best of SUBSIM nomination.
Nomination Category:
Quote:
Most Helpful with SH4 + Mods
Nomination basis: Superb, detailed assistance. Good job, Rick.
Forum: Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific

Nominated Member: propbeanie
Nominated Post: Link
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Prop: I have a steam library file on an SSD 5TB external drive. I can put Steam SH4 in there along with JSGME.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Update: I have SH4 now in k:/Steam Library/Common/ I opened it, it ran and - all the saves are copied from the disk ver on another drive?? Wonders what will happen if I delete the disk game???? Ran game - all loads failed. Better get the vacuum out methinks.
That will work from the SSD rather well for the Steam version. However, in your second quote there, you cannot use old Save files. The ones for the disk version of the game point to specific locations on your original install, and when you are using the Steam version, you have a different folder structure. Instant load failure when attempting any of those Saves. Everything must be EXACTLY the same. You can have both version on the same computer, no problem, but they must each have their own Save folders. So download MultiSH4 and put it in each of the game folders. Run it (especially in the "new" Steam version), and enter a new 3-character Save folder name, such as TMO if you're going to run TMO, or FRS for FotRSU, or whatever you like, such as 001 or whatever. That will keep the Save folder structures between the two versions of the game away from each other. :salute:
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote