View Single Post
Old 07-08-22, 05:17 AM   #32
Lupo Cattivo
Swabbie

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

Hello,

I have recently entered the world of modding and I'm still trying to figure out how to create a good compilation.
I am using your mod and I still probably have to discover all the features but it is fantastic and I thank you for the excellent work done. If you want some humble feedback, I can tell you that:

- the interior lights are very bright and in fact you feel the need to use other mods to darken the interior lighting of the submarine
- the periscope view is very cool but those thick black bars at the top and bottom make it difficult to accurately understand the bearing. Honestly it's something that drives me a little crazy
- the illumination of the navigation map is definitely a little gem but - especially at night - it makes it a bit difficult to see the lines and signs drawn with the tools
- also, even if I don't know if it's just my problem, there seems to be some oddity with the tdc: if you manually update the AoB without having spoken to the officer by setting the AoB from his menu, whenever you update the range with the stadimiter the AoB resets and returns to zero : (
Plus, if you use TWoS Ship Auto Recognition, the mast height is not automatically sent to the tdc (which instead happened on Wolves of steel vanilla)

I take this opportunity to ask a couple of questions:

I read somewhere that your mod changes a little bit in the keys compared to the standard of wolves of steel and since I also use (the very good) "Stormys DBSM collection SH5 v1.3 for TWoS" which also changes the keyboard layout, I wanted to ask what are these new keys assigned by your mod? Could they conflict with other mods that reassign keys? One thing I noticed is that TAB now opens the navigation map, as well as enlarging the tactical map as per standard.
I also wanted to ask if you know how to make it work assigning the bearing of the TDC to a contact followed by the hydrophone. I see that there's a button for that but it doesn't work (at least for me).

Thank you again for the mod and for your attention. I have been using TWoS for many years and am fond of it; new dedicated content for this version of the game is always highly appreciated
Lupo Cattivo is offline   Reply With Quote