View Single Post
Old 04-26-22, 03:35 PM   #8
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Catfish has made a Best of SUBSIM nomination.
Nomination Category:
Quote:
Test Option (to try out the system)
Nomination basis: Great music
Forum: General Topics

Nominated Member: Commander Wallace
Nominated Post: Link
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Cavalleria rusticana, yes! One of my favourite classic operas.
I like to listen ot it while driving .. once owned a small yellow Fiat Berlinetta, built-in was a (then) car-independent sound system by Bose. I always cranked up the sequence in the initial part when the bell starts ..
Was driving alongside a truck in summer with the windows down and sound at maximum. When the bell gave that first bang i saw the truck in the rear mirror making a definite swerve ..

Great musical video, Catfish. :up:

I have posted a bit of classical music as I heard that quite a bit as a child at home. Perhaps in these troubled times we are in, Classical music brings back memories for me of a simpler time. My mum had marble statuettes of Bach and Beethoven on her piano. She would play all the classics. As a child, I remember pronouncing Chopin as Chop'in as one would do with firewood. :yep: She would just laugh. She has eclectic tastes as she loved rock and roll as well. As a result of her influences, I took an interest in playing musical instruments early on. I have been taking a bit of a break from rock music.

I also liked Russian composer and pianist Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff.

Quote: Rachmaninoff is widely considered one of the finest pianists of his day and, as a composer, one of the last great representatives of Romanticism in Russian classical music.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Rachmaninoff

The Rachmaninoff Rhapsody-A theme of Paganini remains a favorite. The song was featured in the movie, Somewhere in Time. Niccolò Paganini was an Italian violinist and composer. He was the most celebrated violin virtuoso of his time, and left his mark as one of the pillars of modern violin technique, born in 1782.

The Rachmaninoff Rhapsody-A theme of Paganini

Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote