View Single Post
Old 03-16-21, 02:55 AM   #38
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Yes, it all makes sense. Engine damage might decrease speed; wing damage might increase minimum speed. If that was true, we should set the gondola as the main fuselage, and the balloon itself as the wing with a disproportionately high hitpoint value, so that damaging it will decrease blimp's buoyancy (but making it to fall down would take an impossible amount of AA bullets).
Good idea

Only thing that I don't know how to solve as far as blimp is concerned is turning - planes in SH5 pitch and roll when turning, and while my modified super-slow Catalina pitched and rolled a lot less at these speeds, it might still look a bit weird with a blimp (that said, I've never seen a blimp maneuvering at full speed...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
It's actually not that bad for poly count!
Most of the high counts are internal parts that can be removed as You will never see those parts.
A rough test model with some internals removed reduced the polys to 63238 or so.
That can be reduced further by selective remove of more unneeded parts.
The basic out side stuff is really not that bad.
Well SH5 can handle PB4Y with its 124k polys, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to handle the blimp (although, as a fan of simplicity I'd certainly cut from it everything that's not going to be visible in game anyway).
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote