View Single Post
Old 03-15-21, 02:36 AM   #23
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
That's a bit odd actually. If what TDW had wrote in that old post was true, I would have expected a Ship:IsSubmerged() boolean variable. We have a Ship:GetContactDepth() continuous variable instead, and your test seems to demonstrate that it is working as supposed. I can be wrong, but my suspect is that, at the time of that post, TDW had not a full knowledge of SH5's AI.
That's my thought too - he's writing that he set having ammo as condition and thet he has no way of adding depth to it, yet in latest IRAI version depth contition is there - TDW probably didn't know of it at the time.

And just a thought about this command - it might also be used to simulate British lack of knowledge about U-Boat maximum diving depth and consequently setting their depth charges too shallow (although I'm not sure whether it wouldn't be sacrificing gameplay for historical accuracy too much - unlike the player, Germans didn't know how deep British can set their depth charges) EDIT: plus, there's no way in script commands to end this "lack of knowledge" at specific date... so no, it can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
My all time dream: Jeff's K-class blimp featured in GWX (which for some odd reason has never been imported into SH5) equipped with MAD and armed with retrorockets
As long as Jeff agrees, I'll be happy to make it happen

Last edited by kapuhy; 03-15-21 at 03:25 AM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote