Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
I didn't bookmark it at the time, but now I found it again:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...bs#post1620030

TDW's post #1144
That's a bit odd actually. If what TDW had wrote in that old post was true, I would have expected a Ship:IsSubmerged() boolean variable. We have a Ship:GetContactDepth() continuous variable instead, and your test seems to demonstrate that it is working as supposed. I can be wrong, but my suspect is that, at the time of that post, TDW had not a full knowledge of SH5's AI.

Still talking about those scripts, I think we should differentiate preconditions for bombing strategy from the ones set for other strategies; while a bomb attack against a contact below 8.5 m of depth is desiderable, a gun strafing attack run or a torpedo attack in the same conditions wouldn't make any sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
EDIT: Oh and I just checked: MAD sensor based on SH4:OM now does work in SH5 too. I just got detected sitting still at periscope depth (with periscope down) and accurately bombed by MAD Catalina. It still needs a lot of tweaking to be historically correct, but the capability is there.
My all time dream: Jeff's K-class blimp featured in GWX (which for some odd reason has never been imported into SH5) equipped with MAD and armed with retrorockets
gap is offline   Reply With Quote