Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Thanks for your efforts Gap!
My pleasure

Quote:
I also have tried all kinds of tweaks in aix files but I just couldn't get rid of flipped
Flipped crew is still a mistery to me. When a gun manning order is issued, characters in quarter rooms are teleported to their respective WP_*_GUN waypoints, as set in crew aix files. For having created some new characters in the past, I know that waypoint rotation do affect character rotation. The only reasons I could think of, for WP_A01_GUN rotation not havig any effect on its crew are:

- that bone is flawed somehow (remember that it had no rotation data in the stock conning tower). Possible solution: replace it with a clone of another bone with rotation data.

- waypoints stored in Conning_7C41F_02.waypoints.GR2 might interfere negatively with the ones of the same name stored in the main conning tower GR2 file. Possible solution: scrap that file, or remove the WP_A01_GUN bone from it.

- gunners are special characters in that their animations must be synchronized with gun animations. As you have noted a few days ago, all the FlaK guns in stock game point to the stern in their resting position. Is it possible that FlaK gun animations are made so that the character will always face the same direction, no matter their waypoint's rotation? It is a bit unlikely but... Possible solution: cloning and rotating Characters\Animations\Vierling_L_R.GR2 and Vierling_UP_DW.GR2 bones, and setting the clones files as A02 crew animations (?)

Quote:
or frozen crew problems...
If you mean that gunners were frozen at their gun station even after the command "man the FlaK guns" was withdrawn, I think I know why this happened and my updates to crew AI should solve the issue

Quote:
Did you test your changes in the game and with other U-boat types? Some screenshot?
No, just finished with the script changes, and now I need to finish my work on LGN1's squid launcher before I leave
gap is offline   Reply With Quote