View Single Post
Old 02-24-16, 03:37 PM   #26
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Another small update which I forgot to tell you...
When game freezes, it will do so no mater how the gun is orientated, for example, if you walk to mentioned position while crew is aiming flak...
This is not compatible with my supposition about the Dmy_37mmTSA_Cam bone being related to the freezing camera when the player moves close to it. The said bone is linked to gun's barrel, and it should change position when the gun is trained/elevated by AI crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Anything yet?
Well, the "suspect" bone is the one that the CamUserData controller in gun's cam file is pointing to, and I am pretty sure it determines gun camera position which, on the twin 37 mm gun, is moved to the right. If I move that bone to one side, player's view won't be aligned anymore with gun's aim. I still don't get what is special about the twin 37 mm gun though, since other Flak guns look pretty much the same to me as far as their basic structure is concerned (maybe the double 37 mm is too wide, and its camera falls outside an invisible "no trespassing" limit, or some blunder by devs in cam controller settings?). The good news is that GR2 Editor can open our gun's GR2 (I just hope it wont corrupt it on saving). What I can do to confirm/disconfirm my hypothesis, is moving the discussed bone from the right side to the left side, and see if it makes any difference.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote