View Single Post
Old 03-16-10, 07:35 PM   #27
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Just a quick post in case it hasn't been mentioned before.
But I couldn't get my Game mission to save as .misge (Only option was .mis) untill I selected from the menu options Player=Axis (Default was Player=Allies).
Once changed was able to select between .mis and .misge
Yeah, I was talking to makman94 about this eariler. I'm considering putting this slide in my tutorial, but not sure if it makes sense. Comments?

Quote:
In the mission editor you'll run across Project Names, Mission Names and Mission File Names. Here's how they work:

You'll need a Project somewhere to gain access to working with missions. For single
player missions however they aren't strickly required. You can have a single player mission without having all the campaign and project files along with it.

When you start a new mission you'll give it a name. That name will appear in the right side of the mission editor. The end user won't see this name though, they'll see the Mission
Title you set for it.

The most important thing is that your mission folder and mission file match. Like this:

\data\SingleMissions\MyMission folder should have at minimum MyMission.misge and MyMission.tsr in it. That's all you need. The tsr file is created when you save the mis.

You'll also note that the mission editor saves as *.mis. You'll need to change that to *.misge in order to see the missions in game. Do this when you save or later in Windows Explorer.
I'm not really happy with the wording. :/ Also think I need more about the project, but still fuzzy myself about them. Currently I just have a blank Project I use essentially to start the editor, haven't made a campaign yet, but soon!

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote