View Single Post
Old 03-01-10, 05:10 PM   #11
Safe-Keeper
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
My first hunch is that these are traffic lanes where ships/convoys may choose alternate routes. I.e. shipping routes are possibly less scripted than they were before. I did notice that traffic shows up in a lot more places than I would've expected; I also noticed traffic actually avoiding coasts (not always successfully). I suspect that the traffic scripting has undergone a pretty big overhaul towards the dynamic.
I'm guessing traffic routes, too, they definitely seem to go in and out of ports and follow shipping lanes.

My hypothesis is that it's a way to increase performance by not making all ships plot their own routes. Instead of the game tracking I don't know how many different routes, now all you have to do is tell a ship to, for example, patrol between nodes X, Y and Z, and it will stick in that area. Hopefully you can add some randomness into the game, too ("go within 30nm of Node 60, then transit to Node 100 or within 2nm of Node 62, then...").
S
I see there is a "StateAbandon" and "StateSurrender" in the Script editor, too. So do crews actually abandon ship or surrender now?
Safe-Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote