View Single Post
Old 09-01-22, 09:47 AM   #1
Mowgli
Sparks

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 0
Default What a terrible patrol - Jan/Feb 1940

I am on patrol off the NW of Scotland as ordered and it as been grim. Constant bad weather (to be expected) and no targets - well almost none.
I saw a small fishing vessel miles from anywhere bobbing around like a cork and I could not use my deck gun because of the weather. I would not have attacked it if I could have. It was that small and not even worth a shell.
Then at last a target, a large troop carrier heading West but its speed was so great I could not intercept it.
My fuel is now at 50% and I am searching, diving, listening repeatedly and finally I find a small freighter which I sent to the bottom.
Now I am searching again, I am wondering if I should use my fuel (speed 5 knts) and slowly head back home and see if I can find some targets down the East Coast of England.
The thought of RTB with just one kill is worrying. I mean it has been 4 days real life doing this.
Anybody ever gone back to base with no kills?
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Mowgli is offline   Reply With Quote