View Single Post
Old 03-13-13, 07:13 AM   #9
Aarnoman
Seaman

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Schiebert View Post
I've had another look and it seems like (as usual) I'm getting mixed up. I've been mixing and matching sounds for so long that I thought I just had DBSM - when in fact I've got a mix of Thompsen's Sound Pack with a few from DBSM.

The engine room commands in DBSM (just re-downloaded, the ones from Das Boot) are the right ones Sailor Steve as you say. I had the 'stock' ones which are in Thompsen's pack which still have wahnsinning, volle etc.

So ignore my above post about the DBSM ones being 'off'. And 'off' or not, I'm still really appreciative of the time and effort people put in to improve the game with these mods. Hope no-one thinks I'm shimfing because they're not 'perfect'.

Aarnoman thanks for your kind offer of the translations. The two that really bug me are "NaO_K_Plotting_course" and "WaO_K_Secure_the_deck_gun", which are both in Thompsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg/Data/Sound/Speech/1. Think the latter involves something about getting a cigarette off the sergeant but it's too fast for my meagre German

Do you mean your German is rusty, or New Zealand is?
NaO_K_Plotting_course:

"Berechne Kurs" - Calculating Course
"Wir brauchen die Karten" - We need the maps
"Einen Moment" - One moment
"Wir sollten hier verschwinden. Das hier ist ja nichtmal unser Sektor" - We should disappear from here. This is not even our sector [as in, they are not at their assigned patrol grid]
"Konzentriere dich" - Concentrate!
"Bitte sage das du weist, wo wir hingehen" - Please tell me you know where we are going
"Ob dieser Krieg jemals aufhört" - [I wonder] If this war will ever finish...
"Wir können ja nichtmal in ruhe einen Kaffee trinken ohne das diese Schweine irgendwelchen Mist auf uns abwerfen" - We can't even drink a Coffee in peace without these pigs throwing some sort of **** at us. [I belive this is in relation to british ships impossing huge losses on U-Boots (as this is taken from Das Boot)
Also, this one is perhaps better translated to the english as "... in peace without these pigs flinging **** at us]. Yes, German is a beautiful language :P

On WaO_K_Secure_the_deck_gun, I'm just getting the standard "Deckgeschuetz sichern" (Secure the Deck gun). Maybe this one is from the DBSM instead? If not, I'll happily look at it if you can upload it

Quote:
Do you mean your German is rusty, or New Zealand is?
My German :P

Hope this is of use to you. Anyhow, please keep any information and links coming.

Last edited by Aarnoman; 03-13-13 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Remove swearing. My bad guys.
Aarnoman is offline   Reply With Quote