View Single Post
Old 04-23-22, 12:30 PM   #17
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Thanks for those, Markus

Here are some Norman soldiers by the Spanish maker JECSAN, which I got from eBay recently. First photo shows them as they were... the seller (in Florida) didn't know who they were made by and neither did I at first. Second photo shows how much better they look after a lick of paint and in the right setting. I'd stress that these are toy soldiers, not models, so I don't always go to work on facial features

Nice! but make sure the crossbowman (at right front) has a body-sized pavisse so he's not picked off by some archer(bowman-quicker fire rate/greater range) whilst cranking up the reload, ever a time-consuming process...also an indispensable tool in forming defensive shield walls against cavalry counterattacks. William the Bastard's feigned withdrawal at Hastings broke the Saxon Senlac Hilltop shieldwall in 1066 and changed the course of history.... no need for facial features; just glue a proper nasal facepiece on those 'Norman' helmets! I note that the center front chieftain-helmed swordsman is wielding a left handed sword and a righthanded shield...with a leftside scabbard..? Poor expendible bugger: he must be the right-end guy in a solid all left-shield wall! Literally: "the right of the line" ie the place of honor! Love the diorama too...ie:"what castle lies hard by?"

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-23-22 at 12:49 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote