View Single Post
Old 01-30-17, 08:09 AM   #189
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

1997 was the year we moved from Death Moans, Iowa (Des Moines, also known as Da Groin) to Lexington, Ky. We had closed down a major contract after losing an opportunity to rebid, and my job in KY was to close out that unsuccessful contract next. Our expectation was that we would be in Kentucky for one year or less. Unfortunately, we found that the problems and the customer relationship were easily repaired through attention to meeting performance requirements. Long story short, we turned it around, won a rebid, learned to like (most things about) Kentucky, especially Bourbon and the Cats, and we are still here. Who woulda thunk?? Now retired, I await my wife's retirement so we can move back to Colorado. Can't happen soon enough! I can't remember when I started with SH, but it was probably in the late 90's. SH4 has proven to be the one that still holds my interest over all other games and sims, from the Jane's series through all the Call of Duty issues. Subsim is definitely the best support site, bar none!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote