View Single Post
Old 07-02-11, 06:33 PM   #635
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
And that's a point August brought up in PM, about mid game. He was manning a guard post with another player to see if the other guy was a WW. But that won't work and allow the game to work, so no matter how determined you are to pin a player down in the game...these werewolves have the additional power to hypnotize you, go out and kill and return, and you will never know you were asleep
This is true, there has to be that fall back for a game master to compensate for holes in a player's role play. Hypnosis, to me, is sort of a "soap opera amnesia" trope. It can work if you're forced to do it for storyline and game mechanics sake, but I personally try to not even go there. For example, when I was off in the lighthouse, I was trying to make it back to the castle in game (even though I had my day/night cycle screwed up) so that I could realistically perform my guardian role. It doesn't make any physical sense if I'm off on the other side of the island, but I somehow protect someone miles away. If you want to say it's a mystical psychic projection, then that's one thing. But I try not to lean too heavily on those sorts of plot devices.

As for the inactive player thing - I agree. It's no fun to only have half a group playing. I'd kill them off too.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote