View Single Post
Old 07-02-11, 06:05 PM   #633
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enigma View Post
I found his part of the game a bit misleading/unfair.
I thought he was unable to play the game any longer, due to RL.
So I took him of my list.

Later I learned that he wasn't posting anything, but still fulfilling his role of
werewolf.

How can one ever discover which role he is playing when he no longer takes part of the game?
That's a very good point, see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
As Neal said all a person really has to do is make a daily vote.

Maybe next time a rule should be added that if you don't vote or abstain your character gets killed off in some neutral fashion like tripping and falling off a cliff or something like that.
I think that's what we will do on the next round. My experience with the original Subsim Werewolf game told me that a few players would sign up but not participate, or only participate in the night actions. Now, in the case of Duc and August, they were both drafted to play, they did not volunteer And I appreciate that they were able to participate to an extent (August a great deal towards the end).

In the future, I think if a player is not active, he's fall off a cliff or something. Nothing personal, but it skews the game to have a low profile player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Good role play also includes acting in a realistic manner to things. Are you a werewolf? Well it might be a good idea not to put your character in a situation where he's going to be watched all night long. Leave yourself an out so that your wolf can go out on his killing spree and be back without anyone knowing he was gone. Is he in a bunkhouse with people sleeping all around him? That's good - he can believably sneak out and be back without waking anyone around him. Is he up drinking with a group of other characters throughout the night? That's bad - it leaves him no time to make his transformation and kill and be back before someone missed him.
And that's a point August brought up in PM, about mid game. He was manning a guard post with another player to see if the other guy was a WW. But that won't work and allow the game to work, so no matter how determined you are to pin a player down in the game...these werewolves have the additional power to hypnotize you, go out and kill and return, and you will never know you were asleep

Another factor the Narrator has to be wary of is writing character actions in the narrative. He has to be sure and not give away a character's identity while still making it interesting. Jimbuna was the only character I gave away, I felt I was allowed one, and it would make the game more dynamic.

You go back and read some of the narratives, I tried to make sure when mentioning characters, they could be seen in good or bad lights, independent of their identity.