View Single Post
Old 07-02-11, 05:39 PM   #632
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Ok, there's good role play and there's cheeze role play. Good role play is playing your character in a realistic and believable fashion. Is he a scaredy cat? Is he brave? Is he stupid? Does he hate women? Is he left handed? Does he smoke? All of these sorts of traits make a fun and believable character. They also guide your decisions on how to react to game events as seen through the eyes of your character. Part of the fun of role playing is taking on a persona that's completely different than your own. Or playing your own persona in a different world.

Good role play also includes acting in a realistic manner to things. Are you a werewolf? Well it might be a good idea not to put your character in a situation where he's going to be watched all night long. Leave yourself an out so that your wolf can go out on his killing spree and be back without anyone knowing he was gone. Is he in a bunkhouse with people sleeping all around him? That's good - he can believably sneak out and be back without waking anyone around him. Is he up drinking with a group of other characters throughout the night? That's bad - it leaves him no time to make his transformation and kill and be back before someone missed him.

Cheeze role play also includes acting on information that you the player has, but your character could not have. Not that anyone would be foolish enough to do it, but if someone in-game was sat by themselves, a mile away from the group and said "I wish I wasn't a werewolf" then your character would have no in game knowlege of that, and it would be cheeze for you to act or vote as if he did. That's asking a lot of players in a game like this, but that's the spirit of what good role play is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August
The way I see it no good can come from Role Playing. Best to just keep silent.
Then why play? That's like saying "I'm going to start a SH3 career in 1944, but I'll probably get sunk so I'll just stay in port."

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote