View Single Post
Old 01-26-21, 08:56 PM   #197
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I have plenty of faith in the system and it's institutions, the people running them on the other hand, I have absolutely no trust at all.

Our system of voting used to work pretty good but now with electronic voting machines, mail in voting, unsupervised drop boxes and the outright ignoring of voting laws and regulations, it has become vulnerable to large scale manipulation.

The constant shouting down of everyone who testifies to witnessing it or even just thinks there may be some flames behind all the obvious smoke just proves to me that there is something to it.

The last thing we should do is shut up and take it for the good of the country as you suggest. As long as this is not fixed we don't have a country, we have an banana dictatorship and with troops patrolling the streets and the increasingly severe civil liberty crackdowns it's looking more and more like one too.

The time to fight that is now because it will just get more difficult as they cement their hold on power.
This.

There has been too much coincidence regarding the recent election as it pertains to alleged irregularities. Whether there is truth to the claims it not, it all should have been allowed to be presented in court as evidence. By throwing out cases before they even get to court due to "lack of standing," or rulings that procedurals weren't followed (e.g. filed too soon or filed too late), all it does is fuel conspiracy theories and rumors - which resulted in what happened on the 6th.

I tend to believe that there *were* irregularities that were swept under the rug by sympathetic authorities (or threatened authorities) since the type of people who want to be elected to high office or appointed to positions of power are the type of people who are willing to cheat to get there.

Would the irregularities have affected the outcome? We'll never know until the people running the system are removed and honest people put in their place. The hurdle is being able to get people elected or appointed who are honest...

It isn't our form of government that is the problem - it's the corrupt people who've perverted it for their own benefit.

And it isn't just politics. The was the recent case of cadets getting caught cheating at West Point. In years past, they would have suffered the disgrace that goes along with the honor system there - leading to bring kicked out. Instead, in the most recent incident, the chief of staff downplays it because most of them were freshman. Yeah, and? Even as freshman they're supposed to know what the honor code means because it is so simple - don't lie, cheat, or steal and don't tolerate anyone else doing it.

Imagine how much better our government would be if the sergeant at arms were allowed to apply such an honor system to congresspersons?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote