Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Canadians don't live in fear...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Well, I think that's because Canuk's don't have certain things that we do.

- Do they have the history and level of violence in their inner cities that the US does? (Gang violence being one example, While i'm sure they have some, I doubt it's to the extend of ours.)
- Mohammad didn't park a couple of airliners into any of their skyscrapers. So began our current era of "politics of fear" in earnest here in the US.
- I think, generally speaking, most American's tend to be a bit more paranoid of an over reaching government to begin with.
I would definitely agree with those points.

Most Canadians are connected to the US in some way. I have relatives in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania. Most of us have been there at least once. Some of us actually like American culture. In my case it's music. All the good music started in America.

I've always felt that Canada has a big brother who has our back. No one is going to mess with us. Uncle Sam just wouldn't stand for it. That might be for his benefit more than ours but the result is the same.

Thanks. Oh and it's spelt 'Canuck'.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote