View Single Post
Old 06-13-16, 06:40 PM   #183
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
... I was pretty darned happy with the base mod except for my sound problem with voices. Could be my computer and I'd appreciate someone else checking it out. Changing the volumes of samples is a simple matter with Audacity. I believe we should standardize all sounds at 44.1 MHz sample rate too. It just makes sense not to strain the sound system...
I've found that sounds just up and disappear, usually never to be heard again until after starting a new mission, patrol or session of the game. I used to think it just happened when doing TC, but now it almost seems like it's anytime you leave the driver's seat in the game, and do an "exterior peek" with an F11. I know that the sounds change from the sub to the exterior, and I'm looking into a connection there. Maybe it's a sample rate change, I don't know yet, since my main computer decided to take a vacation Saturday evening after a Windows Update. I am getting tired of this Windows issue. I initially thought it was a hard drive problem, but ~no~... Windows Update. I've got a Windows 10 test partition on the hard drive, and I'm very tempted to get rid of it, but I'm afraid it won't put my Win7 back the way it was... Anyway, I'm back on the main computer again, and going through the audio files and their differences between the versions.

When you made your file list with Yahoo!, were you able to get the "details" to copy over, such as file size, modify date, etc. - that kind of stuff?...

Also, if I get something useful with the sounds, I'll have to PM you for how to properly use Google Drive for upload. It took me a while to figure out how to download stuff. I can only imagine the shear terror I'll put in the Google people's hearts if I try to upload... "Oh no! He's online again, trying to upload to us... Brace for impact!"
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote