View Single Post
Old 11-02-09, 11:31 AM   #175
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Fairly accurate but I meant for the GRT to be lower. Maybe the hull should be narrower & less deep.
The cranes are double, each side leaning over a cargo bay, of which there are four. Although those cargo bays are visibly shorter than on a regular ship, the hull shape is more rounded, and I was inclined to estimate each one at 1000 GRT (Since the overall size is already meant for including the total weigth of the ship, i-e- machinery, superstructure, etc.). But I also considered that the cargo bays could be estimated as only two larger ones instead of 4 smaller. In that case the size of those bays would be around 1250-1500 GRT, leaving the ship somewhere between 2500 and 3000 GRT. Not something that would have an effect on its length or mast heigth, but of course the tonnage varies sensibly

Therefore, in my opinion this ship's hull is closer to 4000 than to 2500 tons, but hey, don't take my words for truth because I use the same method as the real Kaleuns did, and those overestimated wildly the size of their targets (Works great for estimates of length and heigth for speed and distancem though)