Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oby View Post
Ok I'll upload my stuff tomorrow...
Hi Oby, still waiting for your stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
When you request a mission you get a grid reference.
When you approach the grid you receive a radio message that tells you a patrol time of 48 hours and an area to patrol of 80km.
You do not make a game save during the 48 hours of game time until the next patrol grid appears.

When you receive the second patrol grid.
There is no radio message and no area patrol radius given.
Just a side note. Not so important and maybe not possible, but it would be nice having:

- more variety in patrol-to-area objectives as far as their required duration is concerned.

- status reports, followed by confirmation messages by BdU, having to be sent at the beginning and at the end of each patrol-to-area mission, in order to BdU aknowledging its fulfillment. If due to compelling risks we fail surfacing the boat for a long time so that we can't send/receive messages, that's our problem, not BdU's. We might still be aknowledged for our patrol, but we will receive a belated confirmation of it...

- Patrol-to-area duration requirements being hidden when we first accept the mission. Once our patrol in the designed area is considered finished, we receive a message by BdU informing us on it. Alternatively, we could be given this information after sending the first status report (i.e. the first we send after entering patrol area; see above to understand what I mean). The military tend to be rather secretive, and they often hand out sensible information in a diluted way and at the last moment. Reasons for that are obvious. As a disciplinate U-boat commander we should be ready accepting it, even though it will make our patrols lesser predictable to us as well as to our enemy.

- Every once in a while our orders should be cancelled (i.e. we are reassigned to another area and/or task) even before, or right after, we start our patrol to the originally designed area. This is simulating unpredictable changes to ubootwaffe's order of battle, or even the attempt by BdU to confuse the enemy, in case our previous orders have been intercepted somehow by the Allied intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post

Very nice Gap
Thank you mate!
Hope to see you around more often!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote