View Single Post
Old 02-10-14, 04:41 PM   #222
Drake
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
tell us your exactly what problem u have with this mode and we try to help u.... if u come and blame and don't give use some details about your problem we can't help u ...
Did you miss this part of my post?:

"No options for User charts show up, the identification book doesn't work. Parts of the UI are missing like the dials and such for the torpedos. Speed or depth won't display. Some of the options through through the crew don't work, like I cannot ever get my position.."

That's about all I figured out that didn't work before I gave up..

I'll clarify a few of those points a bit for you:
1.The user charts menu is just 2 black rectangle boxes with no options for any charts.
2. Identification book shows up, but all it says is "OK" on the front. It cannot be opened or viewed in any way.
3.I've seen these nice torpedo control panels and dials on peoples screenshots, and lets plays, but unless there's some hidden button I'm not pressing, I get no controls at all on the right side of my screen
4. Speed and depth are not showing up on the UI. It always reads at 0.
5. I'm not sure all the crew commands are working. Like if I tell my navigator to calculate my position, nothing happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
You could install it 1000 times ...If you do not follow instructions the result will always be the same. Obviously , you're doing something wrong...

Now , tell us what have you done exactly and maybe we'll manage to help you...
I followed the directions exactly. Infact, by the 3rd time I had already memorized the install process..

That isn't to say I couldn't have done it wrong though.. I could do it wrong 1000 times if the instructions are ambiguous.

What confuses me is that there are 2 posts within a minute of each other on your first page with 2 versions of the same mod and it isn't really clear which is the most up to date, or even why an out of date version would be there.

So theres:
The Wolves of Steel 1.01
The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - Plotting Tools Fix v2
*The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - TDW Real Navigation_7_4_2
*The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - Tscharlii's Realistic_Hydrophone_1_1 _7_4_2
*The Wolves of Steel 1.01 - Sober's Realistic Underwater FX2
I installed them exactly as they are there and I had problems I mentioned above.

But then there is also:

Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod
Wolves of Steel - 1.01 Patch

I thought they must be old versions, but then I read '"zadnji 7.5.0" snapshot'.. If thats some kind of version number, then that implies its newer than the one on the 'Wolves of Steel 1.01'

Really confusing. You know, there's a reason why developers have those numbers to tell you the version. You have 3 files with 1.01 as the version(not counting bonus) and one big file with no version.

If your versions were named like this:
Wolves of Steel - 1.00 full
Wolves of Steel- 1.00-1.01 Patch
Wolves of Steel 1.1 full
Wolves of steel 1.2 patch
Etc, Etc.

It would make a hell of alot more sense instead of these ambiguous versions.

I'm not new to mods or Modding either.. But trying to get a decent mod to make up for Ubisofts unfinished game is proving to be a real PITA.

Last edited by Drake; 02-10-14 at 05:03 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote