View Single Post
Old 07-06-20, 01:56 AM   #1468
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Let's clarify the Save game situation. If you are wanting to trim, or pare-down the number of Saves in your game, you use the Save Game dialog, or interface, to do that. If you instead use Windows Explorer, the game gets confused by that.

If instead, you want to "clear" the Save data to begin anew with the game, you delete the Save folder with Windows Explorer, generally the C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4 folder. Going from the way you describe, it sounds like you used the Save Game dialog to attempt to clear the Save folder, which leaves the main part of the game still in there. Nothing gets updated or cleared like that...

The idea behind copying the Save folder data and putting it elsewhere is so that if clearing the game's Save data by deleting the folder with Windows Explorer didn't work, you then had a back-up with which to restore what you had, if the deletion didn't work... I hope I didn't talk in a circle again... I confuse myself with verbosity...
Thanks for the assistance. I deleted the SH4 documents folder, restarted the system, and began another new career from Mare Island in 1943. Things were much less weird this time. Issues:

- Started at Mare and was immediately ordered to insert an agent near Katsuura; transferred with immediate effect to Brisbane. There were no sea trials on offer. I believe you mentioned this is a known issue.

- Torpedoed a Fleet Oiler and a Chitose seaplane tender at anchor in Eniwetok. Sank the FO with 4" gunfire but the Chitose withstood ~100 rounds of AP and HE as well as multiple Mk 14s. I would expect a CL to be armored against 4" AP but not an AVS, though certain areas were doubtlessly reinforced. Can this be adjusted?

- When I returned after refitting, the wounded Chitose had been joined by a SSS and another FO anchored in the exact spot as its predecessor. Two quickly sank but the FO took a heavy pounding before sinking bow first in shallow water. Though I maintained contact with it, I did not receive credit for that sinking. Stock issue?

- The map symbol for the kaibokan DE is bizarre: a dark, melanoma-like splotch. Even at 57% hull damage, curiosity demanded I close within visual range to find out what the heck that was.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote