View Single Post
Old 07-05-20, 08:48 PM   #1464
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I wouldn't know the difference between a bathtub conn or a shower conn Mr beanie, I started out with what the game gives you on 15 January 1942 if that helps.
Yes it does... The "bathtub" is the full, un-cut conn the boats were built with. The first "cuts" were made to the periscope shears and the cigarette deck sides. the 2nd set of "cuts" altered more of the aft portion and added a cut forward portion of the conn, and more AA mounts.

Yes
'K...

Yes
So our "date problem" isn't so much a date problem, as much as it is an incomplete previous edit from back when in the mod's lineage, and the equipment file seems to be the "back-feeder". We'll do some 'sperimenting there and... One last couple of questions though, is "did you have the opportunity to accept or decline the new 'Improved SD' radar, and does it function correctly on your boat?" Functionality might be a bit difficult to determine, since the original SD could go out a good distance, and the "Improved" version extended that, so you might not notice a difference anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
I deleted the save game folder and everything and I enabled the patch as well and the issue is still there. I did the same career path and choices.

That's the problem I am having.
Look closely at your picture... there are multiple issues there. You have no dials, but you also do not have texture on the planes' wheels, and neither of the emergency "flashlights" above and to the left of the tracking table are right either, inside the glass light "circles" there... As you mentioned, the "Christmas" lights are dark, but notice also that the rectangular gauges below the depth gauges are blanked also, the tracking table has a "shift" to the map image there, as well as an issue with the "glass" of the tracker itself - even the phone to the left is only partially "skinned" - and to top it all off, you have an overhead lamp burnt out... Here is the interior of my Thresher on December 10, 1941 at Pearl:

Now, do you have LAA enabled correctly on the SH4.exe file? When I ran SH4 for that pic, I am on the laptop and have PhotoShopLE running, along with Vivaldi browser, on which the wife has 12+ windows open, shopping, and her resume for a new job application is open in Libre Office Writer, and it's running on Windows 10, so there is a lot going on, and I do not have issues with the display. But compare the two pix, and you've got more than just the dials missing there. Do you only have FotRSU and the patch running?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote