View Single Post
Old 02-08-23, 07:49 AM   #461
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

If you’re looking for something to keep in the cars glove box, under your seat, purse, or carry in the woods any size and caliber is suitable. But if you’re looking for a dedicated every day concealed carry search more along the lines of frame size, grip and capacity, then practice practice and practice. The Sig Sauer P365 9mm & .380 are quite popular and reliable micros. The 9mm can be snappy as hell the .380 is much more tame and great for small frame ladies and Nancy boys . If you got large hands or simply looking for a better grip then the P365xl might be worth a look. All are a very concealable and most importantly IMO very comfortable everyday carry with high mag capacity for their size. Everyone and their mothers make holsters for them too, lots of options.

When I carry now, it’s just a .38 special off-duty revolver with hard cast wad cutters in a very comfortable leather IWB holster. I use wad cutters as hollow points don’t achieve the velocity from a 1.5 inch barrel making useless for their intended purpose . Though wadcutters don’t expand or lose energy like a hollow point, they do penetrate! I also found someone who makes a IWB holster for my old Soviet TT-33, 7.62x25 mm which I carry once in a blue moon. But that’s kinda clunky.

If you plan to go out in the woods where black bears I’d go with a +p 10mm hard cast wad cutter would penetrate like a freight train straight past flesh, bone, fat, right into the boiler room with ease. Unfortunately some semi auto’s are kinda a finicky when it comes to finding the right brinell hardness and wad cutters that will feed properly. It’s definitely worth the time buying a few different boxes and researching by trial and error so you’re not stuck with a malfunction when you need it most. Or just get a wheel gun.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-08-23 at 09:09 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote