View Single Post
Old 09-28-16, 02:59 AM   #6000
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

Just came into contact with two River Class Frigate's in mid ocean and my game started stuttering to the point of being unplayable. I'm going to do a few tests just to be sure that it is this model and not something else. Running TWoS 1.06 with GTX980Ti Strix graphics card.

Just tried again and all was well until the River Class Frigate's appeared again and now the game is basically frozen. I think I may have to Alt,Ctrl,Delete to exit the game. Initially when the smoke was visible, I used external camera to view the models and everything was ok but when the range gets to about 8000 meters, the stuttering starts and progressively gets worse. Yes...had to use task manager to be able to exit the game. This is the first problem I've had with TWoS since about Update 16.5 or thereabouts.

Now this is weird. I think the stuttering is caused by Beno, the Sound guy dumping the same report into the Message box and Ships journal so many times that it brings the game to a stop....like a never ending loop.

Just done some more tests and I had the same result with visual contact of a small freighter doing the same thing. I had previously changed some parameters in the OFEV in the Time Compression and Radio tabs. I have changed the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py back to the original version and the problem has gone away.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

Last edited by kevinsue; 09-28-16 at 06:18 AM.
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote