View Single Post
Old 09-27-08, 12:33 PM   #202
kwbgjh2
Bosun

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
Well, I've tried everything here to fix the graphics for SH4. I'm running two EvGA GeForce 8800GTS 512s in SLI, and the only way I can get the sun flare and other things to look right is to turn off AA completely. Which then looks like **censored**. It really sucks as I built this rig with SH4, SH3, BoBII, and CFS3+O.F.F. in mind. The other three games work fine except SH3 which looks kinda weird on the 28 inch LCD widescreen, as I can't get the widescreen workaround to work right.

I had been running the stock 169.44 drivers that came on the disk for the vidcards, and updated to the 178.13 drivers today. The drivers work fine but seem to cap the frame rates at about 60 fps no matter what screen I'm in.

So if I play with AA on, the screen looks like a 16bit application running on a 32 bit monitor. As the colors look blocky, like Red Baron 3D on a modern system without glide mode. Or I guess the best way to explain it, as the sets below the horizen, you can see the colr bands in the sky as it changes from light to dark. As an example, there's a patch of light grayish blue then a darker band, and a darker band, and so on until the black of night. About 10 to 12 bands of color, as opposed to the smooth transition of color as some pics show.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
I assembled my rig in Sep 2007 just for SH4. Everything was great.
I dont know anything about SLI systems-- i have a single nvidia 8800 GTX. Just 2 comments:

1.) The Monitor thing is easy to explain. If you are like me the owner of a digital monitor, no matter if LCD or TFT, the FPS are limited to the monitors manufactured refresh rate which is always 60 hertz. If you would have a low budget graphic card you may see 25fps or so but you could use the worlds best graphic card---60 fps is the limit.

2.) Since 1.5 (U-Boat Misssions) i always had a crappy ingame graphic when i activate a mod. Sometimes i had CTD, sometimes the game was frozen, sometimes no chance to load a savegame. I installed EVERY nvidia driver that was released no matter if it was only beta. And four weeks ago i hit the jackpot, the beta driver 177.79 solved my problems. I sweare as long as i have this graphic card or the SH4 game i will never change this driver.

My advice: Download all nvidia drivers you can get and test them one by one. If you have Vista use the option to remove all driver software in the deinstall window before you test the next driver. I wish you all luck.

kwbgjh2 is offline   Reply With Quote