Thread: Hello again
View Single Post
Old 01-30-16, 09:04 PM   #1
Pirate Roberts
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Hello again

Wow Guys I don’t know where to start. I’m coming back to the forum after being away for over 10 years. I originally joined the subsim around 99-2000 playing SH1. I almost cant believe whats happened since then. I havnt been on here since early sh3 release around 2005. And wow some of my old shipmates are still here. I wonder if any of you remember me. My handle then was Scott of the Pacific, Neal, Hawk, Colin its been a long time, you guys must have racked up some tonnage singe then LOL. If you have trouble remembering me we spent a lot of time on SH1, I remember when we first started sinking Japanese convoys on full manual TDC. In those days we didn’t know if the mastheights in the recognition manual were to scale, I remember calculating them by measuring the masts with a ruler on my PC display then scaling to the ship LOA (which was on the manual), there was no stadimeter so we had to use the reticule marks in the scope. What fun. I remember when I hit the first ship on manual TDC from those calculations and then we knew that the game physics model was really true. I remember doing all this for one ship type and then someone I cant remember if it was Hawk that went and calculated every ship mast height in a weekend and we were off sinking the Japanese merchant marine on manual. Tonnages dropped from arcade level and everyone started getting scared to lose a sub …yeah!

Well that’s enough reminiscing. Its great to be back. I bet I’m sooooo out of practice. I just did a fresh install of SH3 and am getting going on first patrol. I cant wait to get into the GWX and some of the mods all these people have been building its truly amazing.