View Single Post
Old 07-13-06, 07:28 PM   #9
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Default H3 Multi-player Server up

Tony Eischens, HarpGamer.com Admin, has gratiously set up a server to help players who might be interested in Harpoon3 multi-player matches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyE
Under the guise of StratSims I'm able to leave a dedicated server up and running for awhile.

IP: 72.21.228.42
Port: 14342 - ODB aka Original Database
Port: 14343 - PDB aka Players Database
Port: 14344 - DB2k aka DB2000 6.5.31 downloaded 7/5/2006
Port: 14345 - ANW DB 1.4 as shipped with H3 3.7.0.0

The server has been stable since I turned MPLogging off in the harpoon3.ini file. Occasionally the clients come unsynched and the clients crash but the server piece itself has been pretty stable.

Click image to visit chat.

The above image indicates whether there are any people at HarpGamer ready and willing to undertake a Multi-player mission. The games need not take place on the StratSims server, this can function as a general meeting place to set up MP games, and requires only a fairly recent web browser. Refreshing this page will in most cases indicate the current chat status.

Is what you will see if there are players chatting

Is what you will see when no players are chatting

Either way head over when you want to play!

If the server does appear to crash, chase me down at #harpgamer on the NewNetIRC network or e-mail me at sysop@tgp.net. There is a link to Java IRC client at HarpGamer.

If you want to see scenarios added/removed/swapped out please e-mail me the scenarios in a single zip file to sysop@tgp.net and I'll make the changes.

The connection isn't super fast, T-1 so if you all show up at once there could be issues. I'll leave the server up as long as cooling capacity and my interest holds out or I actually put the server into its planned service.
SZO file archives - Home of the Harpoon3 PlayersDB

FilesOfScenShare

HarpGamer.com - Home of the HCDB.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited by Herman; 07-13-06 at 09:14 PM.
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote