Uploads: 10

Thank you for your detailed answers kapuhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Step by step, my workflow is:

1) Model the ship and UV-map it for diffuse texture
2) Paint the diffuse texture
3) Merge objects I have into "final" objects that will be exported into game
4) Create second UV channel (yes, Blender does have the option) and make it UV-map for AO texture
5) Bake AO texture on this second uv-channel
6) Export objects into GR2 editor

I never had any problem with vertex order this way.
Okay, then I will switch to Blender for creating the second UV map. In my case the AO UV-mapping is already done, so I will have to switch steps 1) and and 4), but I think this is not a problem.

Quote:
Now, with import I honestly don't know. Only ship I had to import from game was Armed Trawler I was disarming, and I didn't even bother importing second uv map - I simply baked a new AO map for modified ship and exported it to replace the old.
Okay, from what I read in the document below that should be possible, but I will check if/how it works directly in Blender.
I find Blender's interface counterintuitive (or maybe I am just too used to Wings3D's friendliness), so I might get a little while for me to get used to it, but the advantages are definitely worth any little delay.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2...anagement.html

Quote:
Maybe, but again - I never had the need to do it so I don't know.
Not a feature that you can't do without, but I would rather prefer to preview the effect of all the textures of an object directly in the 3D editor, rather than having to wait for GR2 Editor import.

Quote:
Yes. In Blender, one of UV maps assigned to selected object is always set as active, and it will be used for obj export. So you export object Whatever.obj, switch to second uv map, and export again changing filename to Whatever_AO.obj.

EDIT: Also regarding uv-mapping in Blender - I use 2.78, which doesn't have the option to see/edit uv map for multiple objects together, but there's an addon called Multiple UV Maps Editing which allows to do just that. In 2.80 from what I hear the option is already added.
Using 2.90.1 here
gap is offline   Reply With Quote