View Single Post
Old 11-24-15, 04:12 PM   #3157
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Very nice, although I'm not really sure will KC 36 gun actually work with unit ship controller... So far I've only used in-game guns trough eqp file...
Seeing how aicraft guns are an integral part of their unit's model, I am pretty sure all is needed for a gun to work is a gun controller, non need for an eqp file. Nonetheless my idea was putting the KC 36 in an external file (likewise stock naval guns) for it to be shared by several coastal defence or ship units.
On a side note, the KC 36 was actually a naval cannon, originally mounted on Narvik-class destroyers, Emden light cruiser (as refitted on 1942) and some merchant raiders:

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNGER_59-48_skc36.htm

I should check if the gun is already modelled in stock game.

Quote:
On a side note Gap, do you know by any chance how can I get rid of contact tails and if you do, can you create quick dirty patch for me (or just tell me how, my gimp skill are quite limited but what a hell :P)?
Wasn't No Contact Tails part of TDW's Add-on mods?

Quote:
I know Gap that I'm pain in the ass but I was thinking about something... Take a look at my "artwork"...
No problem mate, my pleasure

Quote:
Platform on pictures is original r=70m object...

These platform shapes would really make CD placement significantly easier for me (which will be pain in any case), plus it can offer us few more advantages because platform would be always orientated in the same way and the bunker would always be in the same spot (read: possibility for some cool war "decoration", sandbags ect...)
Okay to elongated platform and sandbags.
What version of the platform should I use as base (70 or 140-m)? Which new shape takes the priority, left or right?

Quote:
EDIT
Also, here's a new bunker dat file with slightly modified nodes positions so you can use it for reference, IF it's not to late already...
https://www.mediafire.com/?oytkwa3maf4ll51
When it is about bones, you are always in time: as far as there is at least one bone on the model, new bones can be cloned/moved/rotated at wish
gap is offline   Reply With Quote