Old 10-20-21, 05:34 PM   #10
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronom View Post
Heya, so this is basically just the 4gb Patch you mean right? or is this something else? Cause i got the 4Gb Patch going already
No, that (Large Address Aware or LAA) is not a patch... it is an executable tool, that works within your computers system (for any & all games/sims) to assign them 4 GB's of RAM access, right off the rip.

What I know is, I use it & with relatively great success in running modded game/sims without any issues. It cuts down the instances of running into CTD's... doesn't knock them out 100%, as that is owing to the fact that CT's can still occur due to improperly rigged mods not working right or... improper mods being used... to mods NOT being activated in the right order.. BUT... it DOES knock them out due to not enough RAM being accessible to the game/sims.

With mods, you have to know for sure, that...
1. The mod has been tested to work with the mod set you're rolling with

2. Is the correct mod for the correct SH3 (or 4 or 5) version that you have...

3. That SH3 (or 4 or 5...) is NOT installed in either of Window's "Program file" locations.. as UAC (Window's file defender, if ya will... ) does NOT like files (or folders, for that matter... ) being, "tampered' with... & using mods, is in essence, tampering with those areas.

4. That you're getting them activated, in as near to or in the exact correct order that you need to have them activated...

Hope this info helps...

M. M.