View Single Post
Old 07-19-20, 11:33 AM   #21
Rosomaha
Loader

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Your new C3 files are perfectly fine but they have "unlocked" several of these mysterious conflicts in some NDD fx files, including some from the stock game (?!) which aren't touched by any modder ever.

Add too many of these conflicts to the stock game and you guys can now get the picture why every SH5 custom modlist which includes OHII, FX update and several other "heavy" mods is nothing but a CTD fest...

Anyway, I have re-saved ALL fx files of all units (stock and imported, changed one line to "none" in order to make controllers "red" and than save, from some reason this is important for SH5) for the next TWoS update and that have cured all the problem...
I see it now. Hmm. that's funny :
I opened a random batch of NRTW files, then some other stock ships. When you open NRTW.fx it is immediately highlighted in red by default.

And now the contents:

I was always focused on all these registration IDS and did not pay any attention to the type container of controllers. They are different for different ships (random?), and these are the native files of stock SH5. SH5, what are you..?)
In some cases, the controller container\ Sub type: -1, in others\ Sub type: 1000 (<notset>). Somewhere else at the end there is an Unknown chank, and somewhere it is not.

By the way, resaving in GoblinEditor just changes the ObjectCtrlsRef container to Sub type: -1.

@vdr1981, what do you think about this? ObjectCtrlsRef / Sub type: -1 - which is the most correct? Or no and there the matter is something else and Sub type: 1000 (<notset>) has its own conditions of use?

Last edited by Rosomaha; 07-19-20 at 02:21 PM.
Rosomaha is offline   Reply With Quote