View Single Post
Old 12-31-19, 01:04 PM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post

My gut says you've had a hard drive or SSD failure of some kind but there's no way I would commit to that without seeing the machine start up.
Indeed! I'm miserable about computer tech; but this sounds like disk failure which my old tower WIN7 machine has been warning me about for a couple of months. It routinely informs 'death is imminent' ... usually in the middle of a Lords of the Realm battle! An overnight stay at the local fixit shop confirmed my hardrive is at stage four decrepitude after ten+ years. They were amazed I was still operational! They proceeded to put all my good pics on a flash drive to load into whatever my new machine will be.(attn Mapuc-do that now! and find a good pro-nerd fixit shop! )
Meanwhile, this Samsung tablet I'm blogging on, that my bride bestowed on me, gets the job done!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote