Engineer

Downloads: 164
Uploads: 0
SHO

=War Diary=
U-794 (XVIIIA Walther type)
Ktplt. Egon Roth
=02-18-44=

Have just left base of Surabaya, Java for my first patrol in this new boat, I was initially reserved about leaving my old IXD behind and upon first sight I found my new command to be somewhat...unattractive in its blocky and rigid appearance, Even less appealing was the loss of rear firing Eels which limits offensive and defensive options as pertaining to enemy action.

However, I was made aware and instructed in the use of a new form of propulsion system, which to the amazement of the crew and I, can allow for a high knot of speed on the surface as well as submerged. Alas I cannot describe this new engine, its performance limits, or its fuel source in any written document kept aboard the boat on the off-chance that it may somehow fall into enemy hands.

This newfound speed along with the increased forward armament, as well as all of our eels being internal are a suitable compensation if I had to confess. In fact not half an hour ago we had our first success just north of Australia, we happened upon a lone troop transport traveling about 6 knots, 2 torpedo's stopped her dead in the water, but after a half hour she had not sank, so we struck her once more just aft of the bow and she went down by the head.

More entries will come, as soon as we have further success.
Rammstein0991 is offline   Reply With Quote