View Single Post
Old 02-14-16, 11:28 AM   #8
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Its sunday feb 14ths so wont get much done but going to try to get the mk14 fish spawner to hit stuff and explode and import some ships to explode from my old project.

Edit: Actually going to get a clock/date and time compression going better today.

Edit2:

We have inital success

And formatted properly

And time compression working (non physics compression yet just sun/moon movemenet and time scaling

So 0x means 1 minute in real life is 0 in game, 1 = 1 and 3600x means 3600 game minutes to 1 real life minute. It needs some fixes to account for frames per second difference but thats game programming 101 so I'll be sure to add that once time compression becomes more useful.

Heres a question. (Really would like input on this project!)
Should time compression only affect the clock/sun and things like speed of ship and resource depletion or should it affect physics and rendering too like in SH

More notes:
Time compression up = +
Time compression down = ]
Time compression 0 (pause) = Backspace

Changed it so that you can right click to get the mouse cursor then right click to get view control back just like in SH

Made a nice little engine telegraph, gonna create a simpiler version later and I made some buttons for tabs (crew mgmt, engine control, resources etc.) as well as some arrows to allow you to close/open every peice of the user interface (drag and drop at one point too!)

Another question. Should I keep prototyping small bits of the game everyday (nearly) like this to get a very playable game ASAP or should I work on coding the simulation parts (ocean, explosions, flooding etc) that will really make it shine as a simulator.

Packaging, cooking, and uploading the new version now.

Last edited by nsomnia; 02-14-16 at 05:05 PM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote