View Single Post
Old 09-09-09, 10:37 PM   #5
Gut Wrench
Chief

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
COMMISIONER McBEE END PLAYERS STRIKE.
"I don't care who they are, get out there and play football."

Commissioner McBee has put his beer down and forced the last three "hold outs" of the Subsim League to "surface" and put their players forward for the first round of the year.

At a televised conference, Commissioner McBee (surrounded by a bevy of Miss Universe contestants who didn't make the final round) delivered an awe inspiring speach.

"I don't care who they are" he shouted in the microphone, slamming his beer down but not spilling a drop. "Get out there and play football."

The Commissioners' action brings all four divisions of the Subsim League into focus, and betting at the Subsim Gaming Lounge reflected this.

Pit Boss Cowboy Neal reported that a lot of money has been placed on the Dragons to win the Old Schooners Division, and to take the Title. The Surface Skimmers Division looks to be a two horse race between the Mudville 9 and the Helmand Nighthawks pending injuries. Most of the money has been wagered in the Norris Division, where all four franchises are heavily backed. The Sub Simmers Division hasn't seen a lot of money, most punters waiting to see how the foreign based teams tackle the arduous traveling schedule.

With all 16 teams now finalized for Week One, Subsim Scheduling sees the Match of the Day to be Show Me Your TD's, lead by Ben "You'll Not Get My Apology" Roethlisburger at home to the Miners, with starting QB Tony "Who's Jessica" Romo.
Gut Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote