Thread: Steve's Models
View Single Post
Old 01-06-13, 11:01 PM   #20
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

It's getting close, so I thought it was time to revive this thread.

I have three goals. First is to start making 1/2400 scale ship models for my game I've been working on forever. My friends say that they're ready to start playing whenever I am, so it's up to me. With that in mind I purchased a basic resin casting kit.
http://www.amazon.com/Alumilite-Corp...ni+casting+kit

I had one of these starter kits several years ago. It provides the two-step putty which hardens to make the mold, and the two-step resin mix, plus stir sticks and mixing cups. Since I already made a couple of plastic mold boxes back then, I just have to tape them up and I'm ready to start making my own ships.

Second goal is to repair my models for the airplane game. During the years I spent unable to play because I was homeless I left my cases of models at the hobby shop so others could use them, and several got broken, some badly. A part of that will be to start building new planes again. First in line will be a Voisin La.3, from a vac kit. More on that later.

Third is to start building the awesome Combrig 1/700 scale Pre-Dreadnought and WW1 ships I started this thread with.

I'm going hobby shopping for paint and supplies tomorrow, since six years in storage kind of dried everything out.