View Single Post
Old 10-08-21, 02:05 PM   #240
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

21 May 1942

We've been going quick yesterday and today so these might be a little rushed as I try to get caught up.

Sumatra
A bombardment task force centered on the Haruna hit Benkoelen, on the Indian Ocean side of Sumatra. Wasn't expecting that. I'd consider deploying my Brit carriers to deal with this, but I don't know it will repeat and holding the Tavoy area is really important.

Paratroops captured Langsha, along the northeastern coast.

An attack by DB-7 bombers against his ASW group failed to avenge the KVII, we lost a Buffalo, a Kittyhawk, and a DB-7 for trying.

Line Islands
My surface task force from the Pago area has been in evasive mode thanks to the KB's appearance, but I decided to put it to use and bombarded Palmyra with it. We didn't get any airplanes but the airfield damage was serious. I think he spotted us and moved his fighters away.

Timor
2 more P-40s down over Koepang with no results to show for it. We raided Ambon again with the heavies and ran into significant fighter resistance. But again, the damage to the base didn't include damage or destroyed planes. Hmmm.

The enemy armies at Koepang attacked and knocked our fortifications down to level 1, casualties 540 to 170 favoring us.

China
We swept Kaifeng with AVG-2 while our bombers are being repaired, shooting down 2 Zeroes and 4 Nates with no losses.

Reinforcements/refits
Repairs completed on CL Honolulu at San Francisco, ship returned to service (repairing torpedo damage sustained near Oahu)
Repairs completed on DD Lawrence at San Francisco, ship returned to service (upgrade)
Repairs completed on DD Kane at San Francisco, ship returned to service (upgrade)
DD Chew beginning refit in shipyard at Los Angeles
DD Schley beginning refit in shipyard at Los Angeles
AM Cromer taken out of commission to begin refit at Aden (AA upgrade)
303rd BG/HqS arrives at Mojave (pretty sure these were B-26s)
1st USMC Tank Battalion arrives at Eastern USA (full strength, unrestricted)