Old 05-03-22, 08:37 PM   #4587
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

<snip>

For the weather, and similarly for the repairs and other "timing" things in the game, each time you Save the game, the "timer" starts over. So the weather in FotRSU defaults to a chance of a change every five hours (of game time, not real time). If you shell-out to Windows, or if you Save and exit, that timer starts over again from "zero". You might have had 3 seconds left on the timer for a roll of the dice for a possible weather change, but it is now re-set to five hours. This also happens if your boat takes damage. The clock re-sets. It is a wonderful SH4 'feature' - NOT
After you pointing this out, I've observed numerous instances of the weather changing within an hour or two game time of a restarted save game

also

just a few minutes ago, I observed the weather changing 4 times within a single 5 hour game time period.

Based on those two observations, I've concluded that your 5 hour timer reset theory has been officially sunk with several well placed torpedoes.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote