View Single Post
Old 05-02-22, 02:00 PM   #4584
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Just that editing the Commands.cfg can result in "bumping" other commands out. As in when you added the Life-ring Toss to a button, you had to add to the number of commands, although it didn't look like you had to, since the number already looked to be large enough, but you found the different "categories" of Commands was the limiting factor. I seriously doubt if that's where the trouble lies though, because the battery charge is an existing Command in
[Cmd152]
Name=Propulsion_recharge
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F0F0002
Notice though, there is no button push for it, only the Menu ID. This is another area of SH4 modding that is a foreign language of deep complexity to me.

- another thought had occurred to me earlier, and that was your previous editing of the Commands.cfg, and the way the edit did seem to work in a previous Install / Save Folder, and that if you did a new Install / Save Folder that had the edit already in the Commands.cfg, that it might alter the functionality in a different way. We have tested equipment on the submarine, and thought the edits a failure, only to have the changes function correctly in a fresh Install / Save Folder, but have also had the opposite also, where they fail in a new install. Again though, I seriously doubt that the Commands.cfg works the same way as a upc file in the UnitParts#SubName.upc file would.

i disabled my Commands and enabled the "stock" FOTRSU Commands (ver 1/25/20 12:35) and restarted the mission.
the non-recharge issue is not Commands related as the performance is the same: no battery recharge.

also, during the mission, i turned off the Propulsion_Recharge using the Menu and then turned it on again. Made no difference in performance.

so...what else can affect recharging the batteries? what other files are involved? i would think that that functionality is "behind the Ubi curtain".
anything in the Sub files (sim,zon,upc,cfg)?

p.s. Remember when i did that series of tests on battery recharging with various boats at various speeds? just like others?
well....we were not testing for all of the factors. we might still not test for all of the factors but i discovered another factor in battery recharging: Submerged Range in the Sim file has a significant effect on recharging.

i will have to set up some tests to see the effect of the two variables on both endurance range and recharging time but i can definitely state that a high value in the Submerged Range can basically guarantee that you will not be able to recharge the batteries and conversely, setting the Range to a low number will enable the batteries to re-charge ever-so-quickly.

i think i will test with Stock 1.5.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 05-02-22 at 02:26 PM.
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote