View Single Post
Old 05-02-22, 01:33 PM   #4583
SeniorCitizen
Army Goes Deep

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, I have run 3 test career starts on 3 different machines, with 3 different copies of SH4 with FotRSU v1.7p3, plain, NK/NM & with vickers03's interior, and all 3 seem to be fine. Are you certain you didn't turn the automatic battery charge off somehow? I am not certain that the player is able to do that in FotRSU though, without edits? Had you made changes to the Commands.cfg file, and maybe inadvertently altered the battery charge? Beyond that, I am out of ideas... ??

My guess then for that, is that you are beyond the dates for more missions there. We will attempt to add a "dummy" set of missions in case a player either drops through the cracks for the SeaTrials sets (happens all too often), and also for "early and late comers" that get the boat early, or return to the base after the SeaTrials mis dates... although I do have another idea for the sea trials I might try...

PS: You can, of course, run more than one Career at a time. Just make certain you name your Save files appropriately to keep them straight in your head for when you go to reload a Save... The settings in the Captain's Office while in port can be different for each career. Just click on the radio console in the office, and you could make one career "no duds" and easy, the other with duds, and other more difficult settings, if desired. The problem comes in with mod sets, in that enabling and disabling mods in one career can and does affect the other careers...

My golly, I had completely forgotten about that one... Seems to me we tested it, and all was fine... but I cannot find reference to it in any of my notes - which is not surprising, since the oldmanitis factor is on the rise... - We'll see if we can't contact gutted for permission, and include that in the AddInModzPak for the next release...
Yeah, I didn't have any "sea trials". I accepted new boat, beamed over to Mare Island to take command, took the boat and went on 1st war mission (Convoy College area maybe?). Guess I can blame the lack of sea trials for me stupidly allowing us to get pounded by depth charges on 2 separate occasions - BTW, Balboa can go DEEP. Now up to about 50% hull damage, but alive. That's why I need to end that extended 8th mission and get in for some hull repair. Just adding more fuel and torpedoes ain't gonna fix this.

Understand about multiple careers. I've got the Balboa career on hold in Save list in case I want to go mess around later looking for another port to call home and see what might open up later in summer 1943. Meanwhile, I'm now 2nd mission in on a Gato out of Pearl. Jumped in this time in July 1942, not at beginning of war.

All the little Position Keeper Tweak does is replace the 3 DDS files for the position keeper with ones that have red index marks on them to make the dial positions more visible. It's just cosmetic.
SeniorCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote